Potholes are not only a nuisance to commercial property managers but pedestrians and car owners as well. Potholes are notorious for sending people to their local auto repair shop, hospital, or pavement contractor—like Metro Paving. If you’re a property manager with a pothole-prone parking lot, we can help.
Here are five reasons why you should repair potholes as soon as possible:
- Prevent vehicle damage. Parking lot potholes are just as dangerous and damaging as open road potholes. Potholes of any nature can cause damage to a vehicle’s suspension, resulting in costly repairs.
- Mitigate risk of injury. Small or large, potholes can cause unsuspecting pedestrians to fall or twist an ankle. This can also increase the likelihood of liability issues or lawsuits.
- Reduce traffic congestion. Parking lots with potholes can cause drivers to forego the flow of traffic in order to avoid damage to their vehicles. A well-paved lot ensures that traffic flows correctly and safely.
- Improve curb appeal. A pristine parking lot sans potholes can improve the value of the adjoining property—such as a mall, building, or other commercial or residential space. Properties with well-maintained parking lots will typically have a higher value than one without.
- Sign of a major issue. Potholes are often a symptom of a greater issue and can be indicative of foundational damage.
Since our inception in 1988, we have built a business on quality workmanship, innovative problem solving and a sincere commitment to customer satisfaction. Our experienced staff brings many years of commercial parking lot and problem-solving experience to every project. Give Metro Paving a call today!